The Ultimate Detox Formula – The MucusLess Living System
The Ultimate Detox Formula – The MucusLess Living System
This article is a basic breakdown and summary of the MucusFree Living system created by Dr. Arnold Ehret, with supporting tools taken from Prof.Spiras website along with the posts of Alexandra Schwenn. I add my input on some of these topics, and expand on from my direct experience.
As I work through my own process of transition with food, it has become abundantly clear that 95% of what I have heard about Nutrition from traditional sources, is simply incorrect… for where I currently reside.
It is not to say it may not be valid for another, within their current belief structure, but from my experience with many types of foods, nutrition, diet plans, supplements, protocols, it has become clear that I have felt my BEST – which means, happiness, fulfillment, mind clarity, energy levels etc… when I am following the very simple and basic guidelines of the Mucus Free Living System.
IMPORTANT NOTE: – I always recommend a free personal assessment / coaching / & reading session with anyone that I am guiding in this process. This gives more personal advice and guidance based on your individual nature. I weave in various tools that can support in this process – Currently if you are coming from this article my 1on1 session is 33% percent off of the price you see HERE or contact me at infinitesheikh@ gmail.com
SOME QUESTIONS TO PONDER
In consideration of food, diet, nutrition and what we put into our bodies, I have found these questions to be beneficial for one to contemplate.
- What is your relationship to food?
- Do you live to eat or eat to live?
- Are you actually hungry?
- Do you eat simply because it’s “time” to eat?
- What emotions are you not feeling and escape by eating?
- Do you drink water because you are thirsty or because you have been indoctrinated to drink water because it is supposedly hydrating?
- How do you feel after eating the foods you choose to eat? Observe your thoughts and emotions and how they change according to what you eat
EMOTIONS & FOOD
A recently saw a post of a facilitator and health expert in this field who did a study through a specific questionnaire with over 1000 people as the test group. The premise of the questionnaire was to find out what was the most damaged /blocked “energy center” or chakra within the human energy system.
The results reflected that by far the most blocked energy center for most was the pleasure center – the pleasure center relates with the sacral chakra – which connects with relationships, sex, creativity, addictions, food etc. Physically it relates with our digestive system!
Everything in life is relationship management. Whether its a relationship to ourselves, others, an object or an idea. We are constantly in the experience of “relating” to “things”.
So this comes back to the question.. What is our relationship to food?
When our creative energy does not flow properly, our relationships to things can turn detrimental, or negative. Many times, things that are simple habits, turn into addictions. We find this in our tendencies of experiencing emotional addictions to specific things. Be it people, a way of being… or food.
Now in a similar article about Energy Healing & Emotional Mastery – I clearly outlined that emotions are the source to all physical ailments. Because all things start as energy, well everything we experienced physically is a product of the emotional energy that is moving (or not)
THE ROOT OF ALL ILLNESS AND DISEASE
Dr. Arnonld Ehret, one of the pioneers of the Mucusless Living System, observes that the accumulation of uneliminated waste materials by eating pus, mucus, and acid-forming foods, is the foundation of all human illness. Due to the types of mucus forming foods we eat, or foods in which are highly difficult to release out of the system, it accumulates over time in the body and creates STAGNATION.
Jus tlike if we had stagnation or blockage in our sewage system, whether in our Home or our city, there would be an issue. It is no different with our physical body..
There must be a way in which we firstly release all of the old, stagnant and blocked sewage channels in our body, and secondly, don’t repeat the same mistake TWICE!
MUCUS FORMING / MUCUS FREE FOODS
This Below is taken from Prof Spira’s website www.mucusfreelife.com
What foods are pus, mucus, and acid-forming? In the Mucusless Diet Healing System, Prof. Arnold Ehretasserts that pus and mucus-forming foods are the foundation of human illness and should not be eaten. In short, pus and mucus-forming foods include meat, poultry, dairy, grains, starches, and fats. Yet, it must be understood that just knowing what these foods are is not enough. It is important to know how to rationally and safety TRANSITION off of the most dangerous pus and mucus-formers over a longer period of time.
The word “mucus” is from the Latin mucus which means “slime, mold, snot, etc.” Mucus refers to a thick, viscous, slippery discharge that is comprised of dead cells, mucin, inorganic salts, water, and exfoliated cells. It also refers to the slimy, sticky, viscous substance left behind by mucus-forming foods in the body after ingestion. The word “pus” is from late 14c. Latin “pus” (related to puter [putrid] “rotten”), from Proto-Indo-European*pu- compared to Sanskrit. puyati “rots, stinks,” putih “stinking, foul.” Pus often refers to a thick white, yellowish, or greenish opaque liquid produced in infected tissue, consisting of dead white blood cells, bacteria, tissue debris, and serum. It also refers to the substance that dead animal flesh is chemically changed to after being consumed or while rotting in one’s digestive tract. The ingestion of meat and dairy products create pus residue in the body, while starchy and fatty foods are mucus-forming.
The word “mucusless,” or mucus-free, refers to foods that are not mucus-forming. Such foods digest without leaving behind a thick, viscous, slimy substance called mucus. These foods include all kinds of fat-free, and starchless, fruits and vegetables.
All foods that are pus/mucus-forming are acid-forming. The word “acid” is from the early 1600s meaning “of the taste of vinegar,” from French acide (16c.) or directly from Latin acidus “sour, sharp,” adjective of state from acere “to be sour,” from PIE root *ak- “sharp, pointed.” In chemistry it refers to a class of substances whose aqueous solutions are characterized by a sour taste, the ability to turn blue litmus red, and the ability to react with bases and certain metals to form salts. From a mucusless perspective, pus and mucus-forming foods are understood to be “acid-forming” inside the human body. Such foods create an acidic internal environment that is detrimental to wellness.
There is a full comprehensive list of MucusForming and MucusFree foods below.
TRANSITION DIET – Where Do I start?
There are many schools of thought when it comes to various approaches to this diet. Though, in simplicity, this is what I have resonated most with, when it comes to the stages of Transition that one can go through.
This below is taken from a mentor of mine ALexandra Schwenn’s group. She outlines a very manageable way to start on this path!
Start Small, but consistently
If you are just coming off cooked food, animal products or even cooked vegan—->
-commit to daily fasting periods (no food or water) for at least 10 hours, say 7 pm to 7 am, if you can make that 12 hours
-commit to avoiding all animal products and grains like rice, wheat etc. only spelt, Teff, black rice or millet
-commit to eating fruit from break-fast to lunch, more is always good
-commit having a large raw salad with steamed veggies (see the list) for lunch
-commit to a mucusless dinner of steamed veg, greens, sweet potato, chickpeas, raw tomato and cucumber salad, Teff, quinoa, black beans, millet, spelt, some avocado are all good transitional choices
This is later – but for reference
If you are already on a high raw food diet—>
-commit to dry fasting daily for 12-18 hours
-commit to lemon juice enemas several times x day, daily better
-commit to breaking fast with fruit and staying on fruit until dinner
-commit to eliminating high fat foods like nuts and avocados, keeping some hemp seeds, Brazil nuts and walnuts as options
-commit to eating a large green salad (steamed veggies can be added to act as brooms and clean us out on a deeper level), you can add sprouts (alfalfa are best), use lemon or lime as dressing and herbs and seaweed to season and keep salt to a minimum
-commit to eating options from above version for beginners when you are tempted to eat foods that are not mucusless
-No stimulants meaning no alcohol, no coffee, no black tea. Dandelion coffee is great as are herbal teas, Chaga tea or other mushroom teas. If you eat enough juicy fruit and veggies you will not need much to drink anyway
-Hydration does not come from water, if comes from dry fasting and rehydrating with coconut water, fruit and high water content vegetables
-I’ll be positing some lists of mucuslean foods in the comments-
If you want to up the intensity you can increase the dry fasting periods and increase the fruits
Become aware of your emotions and how they are linked to food
Like I mentioned – a 1on1 personal session can be very helpful in navigating this process of transition! 33% off first session for those that see this!
List of Pus, Acid, and Mucus Forming Foods
PUS, MUCUS, AND/OR ACID-FORMING FOODS
- Blood of Animals
- Eggs (All Kinds)
- Meat (Beef, Chicken, Horse, Dog, Mutton/Lamb, Turkey, Veal, Pork:
- Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Gammon, Chitterlings, Pig Feet; Wild Game: Bison, Buffalo, Ostrich, Rabbit, Venison, etc.)
- Margarine (Made with Animal Fat)
- Crustacean (Crab, Crawfish, Lobster, Shrimp)
- Fish (All Types)
- Mollusks (Clam, Oysters, Mussels, Snail, etc.)
- Roe (Caviar)
- Shell Fish
DAIRY PRODUCTS (PUS-FORMING)
- Butter, Cow
- Cheese (All Kinds)
- Crème fraîche
- Milk (All Animals and Kinds; Raw Organic, Skim, 1 or 2 %, etc.)
CEREALS (MODERATELY MUCUS-FORMING)
- Breads (All Kinds; Barley, Black, Rye, White, Graham, Pumpernickel,
- Zwieback, etc.)
- Cereal Grains (All Kinds; Maize, Farina, Kamut, Millet,
- Oats, Quinoa, Spelt, White Rice, Brown Rice, Whole or Refined Wheat, etc.)
- Pseudocereals (All Kinds; Amaranth, Buckwheat, Chia, Cockscomb, Kañiwa, Quinoa, etc.)
BEANS (MODERATELY MUCUS-FORMING)
- Beans (All Kinds and Forms; Black Beans, Black-eyed peas, Fava Beans, Butter Beans, Cannellini Beans, Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans, Edamame, Great Northern Beans, Italian Beans, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Lima Beans, Mung Beans, Navy Beans, Pinto Beans, Soy Beans, Split Peas, String Beans (Green Beans), White Beans, etc.)
NUTS AND SEEDS (MODERATELY MUCUS-FORMING)
- Nuts (All Kinds; Acorns, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Cashews, Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Pecans, Pistachios’, Walnuts, etc.)
- Seeds (All Kinds; Sunflower, Pumpkin, Hemp, Seasame, etc.)
PROCESSED FOODS (PUS AND/OR VERY MUCUS-FORMING)
- Dried Convenience Foods
- Fast Foods
- Frozen Convenience Foods
- Packaged Convenience Foods
- Processed Meat
CONFECTIONARIES/CANDY/SWEETS (PUS AND/OR VERY MUCUS-FORMING)
- Baked Goods (All kinds including pies, cakes, pastries, etc.)
- Candy (All Types; Bars, Caramels, Chocolate, Fudge, Jelly candies, Rock
- Candy, Taffy
- Gelatin (Jello)
- Ice Cream (Dairy and Non-Dairy)
ACIDIC, FERMENTED, OR DISTILLED DRINKS/SYRUPS (ACID-FORMING STIMULANTS)
- Alcoholic Beverages (All Kinds; Ale, Beer, Brandy, Champagne, Hard
- Cider, Liqueur, Mead, Porter, Rum, Sake/Rice Wine, Gin, Herbal Wine, Lager, Fruit Wine, Vodka Whisky, Tequila, etc.)
- Syrups (Brown Rice, Barley Malt, Chocolate, Corn, Artificially Flavored)
- Kombucha Tea
- Soft Drink (Soda Pop)
- Tea (All Kinds from the Theaceae family)
- Vinegar (White, Apple Cider)
- Old-fashioned Root Beer
FERMENTED FOODS AND SAUCES (ACID-FORMING STIMULANTS)
- Fish Sauce
- Fermented Vegetables (All; Kimchi/cabbage and other veggies, Olives
- Pickles/cucumbers. Sauerkraut/cabbage, etc.)
- Sauces with Vinegar (Hot Sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Relish,
- Tartar, Barbecue, Salad Dressings, Salsa, etc.)
- Soy Sauce
VEGETARIAN/VEGAN PROCESSED FOODS (MODERATE TO VERY MUCUS FORMING)
- Chips (corn, potato, plantain, etc.)
- Frozen Vegan Breakfast Foods (waffels, etc.)
- Hummus (processed chickpeas)
- Lab Grown Animal Tissue
- Nutritional Yeast
- Pasta (egg-free)
- Pasteurized 100% Fruit Juice (potentially acid-forming)
- Plant milks (grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes including soy, rice, etc.)
- Plant-based butter (nuts, seeds, and legumes including soy, peanut, etc.)
- Plant-based creamers
- Soy Lecithin (food additive)
- Texturized Vegetable Protein (‘mock’ meats including soy, etc.)
- Vegan Baked Goods
- Vegan Confections (All Types; Chocolates, Ice Cream, etc.)
- Vegan Cheese Substitutes
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Yogurts (Plant-based)
OILS (FATTY AND MILDLY MUCUS FORMING)
- Oil (All types; Avocado Oil, Chia Seed, Coconut, Corn, Cotton Seed, Cotton Seed, Flax Seed, Grape Seed, Hemp Seed, Nut Oils, Olive, Palm, Peanut, Quinoa, Rapeseed (Including Canola), Safflower, Soybean etc.)
SALTS AND SPICES (STIMULANTS/POTENTIALLY ACID-FORMING)
- Black Peppercorns
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Cream of Tarter
- Curry Powder
- Salt (Celery, Crystal, Iodized, Sea)
- Vanilla Extract
STARCHY OR FATTY VEGETABLES AND FRUITS (SLIGHTLY MODERATELY MUCUS-FORMING)
- Cauliflower (Raw)
- Coconut Meat
- Fungus (Mushrooms)
- Green Peas
- Peas (Raw)
- Raw or Baked White Potatoes
- Raw Squashes (Winter, Acorn, Butternut, etc.)
- Raw Sweet Potatoes
- Unripe Banana
What are Deceptive Mucus-Formers?
Here is a list of foods that many people do not realize create mucus:
- Rice (great for creating glue to bind books, bad for the transition to a mucus-free diet)
- Avocados (fatty item that may be used on the transition, but are highly addictive. Although technically a fruit, if used it is best to combine them with a mucus-free combination salad or vegetables to aid elimination. However, it is recommended to stay away from them if you are not already stuck to them.)
- Nuts (Mucus-forming, but may be used on the transition. It is best to eat with dried fruits like raisins to aid with elimination.)
- Plantains (Starchy)
- Tofu (Slimy and mucus-forming.)
- Un-ripened fruits like green bananas (the riper the fruit you eat the better).
- Corn (It does not eliminate well. When cooked, corn becomes mushy and slimy in the intestines.)
- Corn chips (Some people use them on the transition, but they are very addictive and do not eliminate well)
- Beans (They are starchy and mucus-forming. But, they may be used sparingly on the transition within close proximity to green-leafy salads)
- Starchy Vegetables (Some vegetalbes are starchy and mucus-forming in raw or cooked forms, such as white potatoes. But, many other vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, become almost mucus-free (starchless) after proper cooking.
GREEN LEAF VEGETABLES (MUCUSLESS)
- Bok Choi
- Dandelion Leaf
- Leafy Herbs (Basil, Parsley, Cilantro, Rosemary, Thyme, etc.)
- Lettuce (Green, Red, Romaine, Boston Bibb, Iceberg)
- Swiss chard
RAW VEGETABLES/ROOT, STEM, FRUIT (ALL OR RELATIVELY STARCHLESS/MUCUSLESS)
- Black Radish, with skin
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Onions
- Horse Radish, with skin
- Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow, or Orange)
- Red Beets
- Red Cabbage
- Sea Vegetables
- Sprouts (Alfalfa, Brassica, Green-Leaf, Radish)
- Sugar Beets
- Young Radish
BAKED VEGETABLES ROOT, STEM, FRUIT (ALL OR RELATIVELY STARCHLESS/MUCUSLESS)
- Acorn Squash (Baked)
- Broccoli (Baked or Steamed)
- Brussels Sprouts (Steamed)
- Butternut Squash (Baked)
- Carrots (Steamed)
- Cauliflower (Steamed or Baked)
- Green Peas (Steamed)
- Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow, or Orange)
- Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow, or Orange)
- Pumpkins (Baked or Steamed)
- Spaghetti Squash (Baked)
- Sweet Potato (Baked)
- Zucchini (Steamed or Baked)
RIPE FRUITS (MUCUSLESS)
- Black Cherries
- Blood Orange
- Honeybell Tangelos
- Sour Cherries
- Sweet Cherries
- Sweet Cherries
DRIED OR BAKED FRUITS (MUCUSLESS)
- Currants, (Dried)
- Dates, (Dried)
- Figs (Dried)
100% FRUIT JELLIES, SYRUPS, AND HONEY
- Agave Nectar
- Coconut Water
- Fruit Jellies (no sugar added)
- Maple Syrup (100%, no preservatives)
- Molasses (no preservatives)
- Honey (bee)